Toyota Working Group Common EDI
Toyota Working Group Common EDI*1 is a structure available to parts manufacturers within the Toyota Group, that was studied and built by the Toyota Working Group*2. Linking a TOPICS package system to the common EDI produces further efficiency improvements.
By standardizing*3 a wide variety of conventionally used forms and data formats, the Toyota Working Group Common EDI standardizes order-receiving and issuing operations, allowing all member companies to transact with each other through the EDI.
The Toyota Working Group Common EDI-ASP services make available the Basic Module, which provides simple order-receiving and issuing functions using a Web browser; the Open Module, which supplements the kanban delivery instruction functions and order-receiving and shipment functions; and the External Interface Module, which is used in linkage with each company’s own core system. You can select the modules your company needs, based on its processing volume and applications.
*1: EDI stands for Electronic Data Interchange.
*2: A working group formed in 2010 for the purpose of suggesting and constructing standard parts procurement operations among parts manufacturers.
*3: Typical forms and the formats for the data to be exchanged are standardized based on the specifications set by the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association and the Japan Auto Parts Industries Association (JAPIA).
*4: An infrastructure service that connects various vendors and order-issuing systems to the order-receiving systems of companies receiving orders.
トClick this link to visit the Toyota Working Group Common EDI official site: http://www.toyotawg-edi.info
Here is a description of some of the unique solution devices TOPIX provides that are optimized for production logistics operations.
High speed Returnable Kanban Reader/Sorter
- ●A command from the host computer (PC) can be used to specify sorting classifications.
- ●Each unit has 30 pockets, and up to seven units can be combined to provide 210 pockets.
Compact Kanban Reader/Sorter
Compact & light weight Returnable Kanban Rader/Sorter
- ●Long-awaited desktop-type reader for returnable KANBAN.
- ●Able to sort KANBAN to 2 pockets of the reader.
Max 5 sorters connection. (Max 23 pockets)
- ●Contribute to improve operation because of good value (lightweight/compact).
- ●Able to scan both side and sort KANBAN alone (without sorter).
Paper Kanban Hopper Reader
Automatically reads both sides of kanbans. Model designed exclusively for paper kanbans.
- ●Equipped with two QR code scanners that read both sides of the sheet simultaneously. No need to align the surfaces printed with QR code.
- ●Stamps correctly read sheets with a “Correctly Read” confirmation mark.
- ●Supports high-speed reading at 200 sheets/minute.
- ●Supports batch processing of up to 1,000 sheets.
QR code Hopper Reader
Compact & Light weight QR code Hopper Reader
- ●Equipped with a confirmation printing function that prints a single line of data from the host, such as processing date and number, on correctly read forms.
- ●Supports batch-processing of up to 400 sheets of paper weighing 110kg/1,000 sheets.
Thermal Lable Printer
Thermal Lable Printer for printing Kanban or Ticket
- ●Roll paper up to 242mm width.
- ●For thermal paper only
- ●With Auto-cutter
Color Kanban Printer
Color Kanban Printer
- ●High-speed full-color label printer with a maximum speed of 150 mm/sec
- ●Pigment ink with excellent weather resistance
- ●With Auto-cutter
Designed for easy paper replacing & space saving for Thermal label printer
- ●Space saving
- ●Smooth paper feeding
TOPICS training classes
Learning and growing together with people responsible for core operations
TOPICS Training Classes (TTC) is a program designed to prevent loss of or deficiency in the structures and operational know-how in production logistics operations, and to promote and pass on the “ideal form.”Our goal is to help with operation improvement activities and operation standardization through TOPICS systems.